Macadamia Parmesan Sole
2 large eggs
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 sole fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
3 tablespoons salad oil
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup finely chopped roasted salted macadamia nuts
Watercress or parsley sprigs
Put a 10- by 15-inch rimmed baking pan in oven as it preheats to 425 degrees F.
In a 9- or 10-inch-wide pan, beat eggs to blend. On a piece of wax paper, mix cheese and flour. Rinse fish and pat dry. Dip in egg to coat; drain off excess, then coat fish in cheese mixture. Set fish in a single layer on wax paper.
Remove heated pan from oven; add oil and butter and swirl until butter is melted. Lay a piece of fish in pan; turn to coat with butter. Repeat with remaining fish, arranging pieces slightly apart in pan. Sprinkle fish evenly with nuts.
Bake, uncovered, in a 425-degree F oven until fish is just opaque in thickest part (cut to test), 7 to 10 minutes. With a wide spatula, transfer fish to a platter. Garnish with watercress and lemon halves.
Macadamia Chicken Stirfry
1 Cup chicken stock.
1 Tablespoon soy sauce.
1 Tablespoon cornflour.
1 Tablespoon sherry.
3 Teaspoons sugar.
2 Tablespoons macadamia or olive oil.
½ Cup macadamia nuts.
375g chicken breasts thinly sliced.
1 Green pepper, sliced into thin strips.
1 Onion, sliced into thin strips.
1 Carrot, sliced into thin strips.
¾ Cup frozen peas.
– Mix chicken stock, soy sauce, cornflour, sherry and sugar. Set aside.
– Heat 1 tablespoon macadamia oil in wok or frying pan and add nuts, stirring until lightly browned.
– Remove nuts from pan. Add another tablespoon of macadamia oil to the pan, stir in chicken and cook until tender.
– Remove chicken from pan.
– Add green pepper, onion and carrot to oil in pan; stir fry for 3 minutes, add peas; cook a further 2 minutes.
– Stir in sauce, chicken and macadamia nuts; cook a further 2 minutes.
– Serve with rice.