Butternut and Macadamia Soup
1 Tablespoon macadamia or olive oil.
½ Cup roughly chopped macadamias.
1 Small onion.
1 Teaspoon grated ginger.
3 Cups diced butternut.
1 Apple chopped.
3 Cups of chicken stock.
½ Cup plain yoghurt.
Whole or halved macadamias roasted for garnish.
– Heat oil in heavy based pan; add the macadamias, onion and ginger and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
– Add the butternut and apple and cook for 2-3 minutes and then pour over the stock.
– Cover and simmer until butternut is soft.
– Transfer mixture to a blender and process until smooth.
– Serve with a swirl of yoghurt and a few roasted macadamias for garnish.