Butternut Squash Gratin
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbls minced fresh sage
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced and divided in thirds.
6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled and divided in half
6 ounces mozzarella, shredded and divided in thirds
½ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts.
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
– Lightly grease a baking dish.
– In a bowl, whisk together cream, sage, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
– Place a layer of squash in the bottom of the dish.
– Layer half the feta and one-third of the mozzarella.
– Add another layer of squash, then the remaining feta and one-third of the mozzarella.
– Layer remaining third of squash.
– Pour cream mixture over the top of the squash.
– Sprinkle macadamia nuts and the remaining mozzarella over the top.
– Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is browned and the squash is tender when pierced with a knife.
Brie and Macadamia Stuffed Mushrooms
1 pound large mushrooms, cleaned
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon sour cream
¼ cup finely chopped macadamias
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
¼ teaspoon fines herbs
½ cup Brie cheese
– Pull stems out of mushrooms and place mushroom caps on a grilling pan.
– Finely chop stems and toss with lemon juice.
– In a sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat.
– Add chopped stems and sauté until liquid evaporates.
– Stir in sour cream and sauté until mixture appears almost dry.
– Transfer mushroom mixture to a bowl.
– Stir in macadamias, salt, pepper and herbs. Allow to cool.
– Trim the rind off the Brie and discard the rind.
– Finely dice the Brie and stir into the mushroom mixture.
– Preheat the griller. With a small spoon fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing.
– Grill until bubbly and golden brown.
Glazed Chicken Wings With Macadamia Nut Coating
Feeds 8 / Ready in 45 minutes
1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
¼ cup chopped fresh garlic
¼ cup chopped fresh ginger
1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
1 cup soy sauce
½ cup rice vinegar
4 pounds chicken wings
Sweet and spicy glaze:
2 cups rice vinegar
1½ cups sugar
2 teaspoons dried red chilli flakes
1 clove garlic, minced
¾ cup finely chopped macadamias
– In the bowl of a food processor, combine cilantro, garlic, ginger and chilli flakes and process until smooth.
– With motor running add soy sauce and vinegar and process until well combined.
– Pour marinade into a large non-reactive bowl.
– Add chicken wings and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight, stirring occasionally.
– In a saucepan, whisk together vinegar, sugar, chilli flakes and garlic.
– Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
– Lightly oil a broiling pan.
– Remove chicken wings from marinade and place on prepared broiling pan.
– Bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
– Place hot chicken wings into a large bowl.
– Pour over hot glaze and toss to coat well.
– Sprinkle macadamias over and toss again.
– Serve immediately.